SpectrumNeeds® is a nutritional supplement containing vitamins, minerals, and activated cofactors used to optimize the nutritional status of children and adults with autism spectrum and other neurodevelopmental disorders (including ADD/ADHD), used to stimulate specific biological pathways in order to promote health.
SpectrumNeeds® contains 33 active ingredients, which provide a wide basis of metabolism for individuals, including those with neurodevelopmental disorders. Specifically, SpectrumNeeds® includes ingredients that:
- Constitute an excellent broad basis of essential micro-nutrition.
- Promotes mitochondrial energy metabolism.
- Generates essential cofactors, such as coenzyme A.
- Provides strong antioxidant support for free radical removal.
- Removes harmful metabolites, including certain organic acids.
- Enhances methylation needs, and thereby assist in gene regulation.
- Facilitate selected neurotransmission, including GABA receptors.
- Assists in the regulation of insulin control.
- Improves small vessel circulation in the brain.
SpectrumNeeds® is designed to be used by all individuals regardless of age, gender, presence or type of neurodevelopmental conditions, common comorbidities, severity of disease, DNA sequence information, medications, or other supplements taken. The formulation is in particular tailored to the dietary needs of children and adults on the autistic spectrum and related neurodevelopmental disorders. In particular, SpectrumNeeds® includes many essential nutrients that are often deficient in individuals with an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). However, SpectrumNeeds® can be taken by all individuals who desire a basis of excellent nutritional and dietary interventions to promote improved metabolism, methylation, and neurotransmission.